Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Clean Your Ductwork Now

As spring starts to roll around the country, people start thinking about spring cleaning. Yes, I know in some parts of the East and Southeast they just got hit with big snow storms, but trust me, spring like weather will soon be here. Usually spring cleaning includes cleaning floors, windows, cob webs, cleaning out closets and pantries. We even start cleaning up our yards and flower beds. We guys think about cleaning out the garage. But the area we overlook the most and should clean every five years or so is our DUCT WORK. We don't think about that because it is out of sight, out of mind. I am adding some pictures of some pretty bad duct work that is not all that uncommon.
I had my duct work cleaned a few weeks ago, and its only my wife and I that live in the house so I was quite surprised at how bad it was..
My advice is to get this done by a professional heating and cooling company or a company that specializes in duct work cleaning. The most thorough cleaning is called 'negative air' cleaning. It will vacuum and brush out everything thats not suppose to be in your duct work. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing air that has blown across that filth. Dirty ducts contain, microbes, dust mites, pet dander and just plain old dirt. Don't forget to have your clothes dryer vent cleaned. It is reported that about 3000 fires a year in the U.S.A are from clogged dryer vents. If you or your family suffer from allergies you know the importance of a clean home and the effort it takes to keep it clean. So be sure to include duct cleaning in your spring cleaning and enjoy the fresh air. This blog from @comfortguyjerry. For more information check our website at www.greensheating.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment