1. They treat the air only in the room they are being used in.
2. Separate units are required for each room.
3. Often they are noisy and obtrusive in living areas.
4. May not be as energy efficient due to the need for multiple units.
5. Require more frequent cleaning and maintenance. Filters need changed every
one to three months.
They are designed to last as long as your heating and cooling system, and filters require changing anywhere from 1 to 2 years, or some can be cleaned and used for up t 10 years before changing. Read more of my blogs at www.hvaccomfortguyjerry.blogspot.com. or go to our website at www.greensheating.com.